Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wohoo. I can see again. Thanks to Efrain Salazar pictured here. He was a great optometrist who was so helpful and caring. We went to Algodones, Mexico to get new glasses. We are both very happy. What a joy it is to see again! Thank you!
While in the optometrist office we met Reyes who worked for the doctor helping to answer questions and translate and run items to and from the lab. He enjoyed talking to him.
Here is Reyes showing the way to the Optivision office on Calle B in Los Algodones, Mexico. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for great service and low prices!
I thought you might like to see a bit o Mexico. This was the view across from the optometrist's office. I can't tell you how many dentists and eye doctors and pharmacies there were in the several blocks there! And all along there were people selling items...lots of purses, sunglasses and trinkets everywhere!!! OK...for those of you who really know me well....my highlight of the day was collecting yellow and purple plastice bags!!!
In Yuma there were fields and fields of lettuce. This one was taken out of the truck window at about 55 mph! I wonder just how many lettuce plants in one row!!! These were very small plants just up and beginning to show green.

No comments: